View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2020, 6:36 pm   #22
Eidolon
Hexode

Default Re: Philips 22CS1002/05t TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by linescan87 View Post
I wouldn't be too hard on the "technician". It sounds like he made the best of an otherwise impossible task.
There were two technicians. The last one, other than messing the geometry a bit did a nice job, fixed a lot of other problems with it.

The previous one pretty much caused this by over-boosting the set when it was taking about 10 minutes to warm up. He's the same one who wrote off my very nice ITT v2000 player as well, when he wired it all up wrong after a minor repair and literally blew it up. I suppose it might be salvaged with some replacement parts, but it'd be a big job. Other things with 'petty' damage too. Unfortunately it's only over time as it goes along and I learn that I'm starting to understand all of this and that the fjrst techie really wasn't that competent at anything.

The tv's on now for the first time in four days. It's bern on just over an hour and it's finally warming up to a ueeable level. I've been watching short dvds on the laptop in the meantime when i wanted to watch something.
But my new Sinclair zx Spectrum Next is due in a couple of weeks, and wuth my hdtv inaccessible for at least another two months, I'll have to make the most of this tv for it.
The second technician said something about attaching heaters to give it a push to warming up. It'd be the compromise option if i can't source a replacement tube.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.