View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2021, 6:55 pm   #1747
ScottishColin
Octode

Default Re: Non-working Commodore PET 3016

The POKE didn't help - PRINT PEEK(59458) returned 30.

Colin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishColin View Post
Measurements taken on UC5/14.

Colin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortek_service View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post

Plug a datasette into cassette port 2 and look again at the voltage on cassette port 2 pin C-3. I suspect that variable high voltage you are seeing there will vanish when there is a load connected to pin C-3.

You may also find that the voltage on pin D-4 (CASS READ) will be different when you do have a datasette plugged in / don't have a datasette plugged in.

With a datasette plugged into port 2, what voltage / logic level do you see on UC5 pin 14...

-When cassette port 2 is idle (not doing anything)?
-When cassette port 2 is trying to load something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishColin View Post
re 1727 - 2.4V in both instances.

For the record, when I try to LOAD a program from port 2, there is no power to the datasette - play, rewind or FF do not work.

Colin.
Where did you measure this 2.4V?
- Was it on cassette port 2 pin C-3 or UC5 (6522) pin 14? (or one both?)

If UC5 (6522) pin 14 is always high, then that means the cassette port 2 interface's power-regulator supply will always be being disabled. So, unless something is shorting externally, then that could indicate a fault on the 6522's pin itself
- But best to check the correct software commands are being used to control this / could try POKE-ing it's PB4 low

I think POKE 59456,0 should do this, but might there may be a clash with what the Kernal is trying to do, as the 6522 PortB lines are used as both outputs & inputs, some for internal use.
And have to ensure the data-direction has been set correctly by the Kernal etc. first. So maybe try PRINT PEEK(59458) and see what that returns, if the POKE doesn't make any difference.