View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2018, 1:52 pm   #18
Midge_5
Diode

Thumbs up Re: Grundig Identity Crisis (Identified as an RGD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackle View Post
In the current condition as seen, and missing the record deck, which would be more useful than a tape deck, then I dont think this unit is going to be popular, it looks like it has FM which is one bonus anyway. The cabinet is not in the best of shape so I would guess at about £10 to £50. (you may even have to pay someone to take it away)

The best option is to try and get the radio chassis serviced and a decent record deck fitted, not necessarily the original type, then it could be used for playing vinyl records. But please note, servicing costs unless you did it yourself would probably outdo the finished value of the unit.

Mike
Thanks for the reply Mike, It does indeed have FM, Maybe I would be better hanging on to it, biting the bullet and getting it working in time, it just takes up so much room! and with health up and down like an erratic sine wave I would only be able to service it in better times and when finances allow, also having limited test equipment e.g. no sig gen or scope I might struggle, daft getting it really but it's been something I have wanted to do for so long and when I saw the ad for it I couldn't resist! Ah well see how it goes I guess.

Thanks again - George.