View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2011, 7:40 am   #13
BakeliteBear
Pentode

Default Re: Does your telecom provider support pulse dialling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station X View Post
Perhaps a better question might be which providers/exchanges don't support LD Dialling? They seem to be in the minority.
If you read my first post that was actually my question (perhaps the heading was misleading?), but it is great to hear from folk and I am very pleased to read the replies and to see that pulse dialling is alive and well!

If we can keep this alive for a bit it will be very interesting to see if anyone can confirm there is a problem in any area or with any supplier. Anecdotally, North Devon has been reported to me a few times and ‘Telewest’ as a supplier. I would also be interested to hear from folk in this area.

It was also reported to me that someone had to inform their supplier that they were using a vintage telephone and the supplier 'turned on LD' at the exchange – it seems unlikely (I have never managed to contact anyone who knew anything technical at Virgin!) but could there be any truth in this story??

Thanks to all
Chris

PS. Incidentally when I referred to 'restorers' in an earlier post I was thinking of those who wipe telephones over with a damp rag, add a line cord and then attempt to sell them on as 'fully restored' at an inflated price; I was not referring to hobbyists etc.

Last edited by BakeliteBear; 3rd Sep 2011 at 7:56 am.