View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2009, 1:29 pm   #12
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Homebrew Valve Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordholder View Post
I don't belong to either of the two organisations, as an OAP funds are limited!!
I am happy to do a write up and put it on this forum, but I would feel cheated if someone else used my design for financial gain. After all I am sure you appreciate quite a lot of work has gone into it.
I don't think you need to be a BVWS member to submit articles for consideration, and Radio Bygones is a commercial magazine (available only by subscription). I just think that your project is so well conceived and designed, that it would be a great shame for it not to be more widely circulated among enthusiasts than on the forum.

Both organisations are always pleading for articles in any format from hand-written, on a floppy, CD or whatever, and this project is up there with the best.

If anyone is to gain commercially from such an excellent project, however modest the recompense, then surely it should be the designer (in this case, a self-professed impecunious "OAP"!), from whatever the going rate per page of manuscript is paid!

In the case of Bygones, they'd probably arrange for PCBs to be made if sufficient demand.

Go for it would be my advice!

Regards,

David,
G4EBT
David G4EBT is offline   Reply With Quote