View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2019, 11:15 am   #13
turretslug
Dekatron

Default Re: Magloop Antenna Using ebay LNA

It's a difficult one- this is a very good-natured forum, I've recently been passed a couple of nice items by members and in return I asked what they felt was a worthy charity to donate to. Also, I've responded to specific requests on the odd occasion and passed on things that were just occupying space.

The various aspects of loop projects have attracted a fair amount of interest here and it was very generous of Graham and David to offer to give suitable transistors of good provenance on to other members. Unfortunately, I (and no doubt many others here!) have come across a small contingent in any area of life who almost obsessively jump and collar all of anything free, then either refuse to pass things on to someone with genuine application at any price, or make a small killing on the auction sites. In a way, that's an aspect of capitalism and entrepreneurship and many famous names in the world of business probably started in this way but with an informal and friendly hobby forum such as this it leaves a bit of a bad taste when, say, radiogram parts given in good faith to someone then end up for bid in a familiar place!

I'd be happy to put my money where my mouth is and offer either Graham or David a fiver for 10 of the 4-247s- at least that represents a "thankyou" for bothering to keep a useful electronic component and not throw them out at some point over the years. It also saves buying apparently good value 2N3866s from an auction site and then finding out that they're actually diligently re-marked 2N3053s.....,

Colin