View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2020, 2:44 pm   #1
CiderCid
Diode

Default Christmas Tree lights repair.

Split from this thread:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=54943

In searching for Replacement bulbs for a 70's/80's set of lights, I happened across this forum and wondered whether there was anyone who could help me that has a better understanding of electricals than I do.
I bought this set back when my 43 year old son was, well, quite a lot younger than he is now and I have used the light set every year up until last year when two bulbs failed and I couldn't get the set to work. I'd dearly love to maintain them obviously, but on searching online has failed to find matching replacement bulbs.
The set is Pifco 20 Cone Lights. (coloured). No. 1320 on a 240 Volt system for indoor use only. On the back of the box it says they are 12 Volt, but the base of the bulbs show 12.5 volt. A total of 22 watts (each bulb 1.1 watts M.E.S. (?) E10 Pifco No. 265.

On another issue, I note that in general, bulbs shown on places like Ebay don't have the same depth of colour as what I have, but assume this is just down to manufacturers ?
Any help would be appreciated, even if I can't find replacements this year, I won't let the wife throw them out.