View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2020, 8:23 pm   #15
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Uher 4000 Report Monitor Noisy

It was only doing it (consistently) on the top speed, 19.5 cm/s, fine on the other 3 speeds, so I think linkage is good.

The set-up procedure for this states on speed 9.5 cm/s to adjust the C flap for approximate 0.5mm gap between the flywheel and the Driving Wheel with the Start key not depressed.

Personally I cannot see the actual gap or find any practical way of measuring it.

After numerous adjustments to the C flap now working OK in terms of the contact only occurring when the Start key is depressed, apart from occasionally/intermittently some speeds still not working. When this occurs can get them working (at that time) by light pressure on the flywheel assembly. Presently trying to measure the pressure of the flywheel onto the Drive Wheel as per procedure 3.1.7.2

The procedure says the pressure should be 75 p - 85 p, adjusting spring tension if required by bending strip F.

I assume p is pounds (lb) or more technically accurate pounds-force (lbf). I do not have an imperial spring balance, but do have Metric ones in Newtons/grams, so will do the conversion calculation required. Very difficult to hook in spring balance to measuring point E as described. There is a metal bracket (that the top of the amplifier board hinges on) in in the way.

Bracket can probably be removed but still think will not be able to hook on balance, probably will be able to secure some string/fishing line/ty-wrap etc at point E to connect the balance onto.

No real change to the high noise level on top speed during all adjustments.

Last edited by DMcMahon; 10th Jan 2020 at 8:25 pm. Reason: Extra information