View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2020, 4:17 pm   #13
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Uher 4000 Report Monitor Noisy

Tried my rubber restorer spray, but unfortunately as half expected no obvious change to the rubber or noise level. My spray I think is not much more than a cleaner, not an aggressive product that attempts to roughen up the surface or add new rubber etc.

I am not 100% confident that getting a NOS Drive Wheel from SDS will fix the noise issue. As this is my first exposure to the 4000 I am not really sure if I would recognise a good Drive Wheel from a bad Drive Wheel.

The rubber is not obviously damaged or worn, it is somewhat hard (all of this is somewhat subjective to me) but I do not know how soft, good rubber is on these Drive Wheels.

If the 4000 was mine I would have bitten the bullet days ago and got another Drive Wheel, but because it belongs to a friend, I am currently reluctant to get a replacement one until I exhaust all other possibilities. If the new Drive Wheel did not fix the problem I would then feel really bad asking my friend to fork out over £70 for it !

First still want to check out 2 other issues in case they relate in any way to the noise generation. 1. The inconsistent operation/selection of speeds and 2. When top speed is selected the flywheel makes contact and drives the Drive Wheel without "Start" being pressed.

For # 2 there is a set-up procedure in the manual but am struggling with that.