View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2018, 10:12 pm   #37
Duke_Nukem
Octode

Default Re: BVWS NW Golborne swap meet 11th Nov

I managed to scrounge a lift (cheers Greg!) and for the first time the M6 was not a nightmare.

A good selection of bits and bobs, and despite when the BVWS stall was being set up thinking "they'll never shift all that" pretty much everything went.

Didn't take away too much; a near immaculate Advance E2, mains cable chopped off, very wise as having opened it up I can see the mains cable rubber was - literally - shocking but in all other respects the rest of it immaculate.

Bought a few valves. Well, actually I bought some valve boxes that happened to have valves in them for display purposes.

Also I rescued some Practical Television magazines (see separate offered thread).

_SO_ tempted by that thumping great GEC telly - it's just Nukem Towers is already creaking at the seams! I may yet still weaken ...

Talking of tellies, a nice display of tellies as ever and interesting to see someone had an 819 line set running, never seen one running before. Excellent picture, though to be honest not sure better than a good 405 set, at least on smaller screens.

But better than all that - the catering did good chips

TTFN,
Jon