Quote:
Originally Posted by joebog1 View Post
I guess julie_m has perfected the system,
OR perhaps invented a NEW transformer,
Perhaps a new Westinghouse brake?.
Maybe a new telephone?
How about the steam turbine??
A paltry polyphase AC system?
Julie_m has been the source of a lot of good advice and well-reasoned discussion on this forum.

When I read the post on lighting fluorescent tubes etc being relatively easy compared to a practicable power transmission system, I considered that too to be helpful, constructive and impartial discussion. I did not get the impression of an attack on Tesla.

Tesla stood at a time when electrical engineering was getting going, and he was one of the prime movers, but it was also at a time before the infancy of RF engineering. The power of an innovator like Tesla lies in the ability to think of new, unconventional things. Some will be good, some will be wrong. His good stuff was so good, having a few weird ideas isn't just excusable, it's expected.

I haven't invented a new transformer.
I haven't Invented a new Westinghouse brake
or a new telephone.
or a steam turbine
But I have invented a paltry polyphase PLL system - and I have the patent.

No, more seriously, we all stand at a point in time where we can see what Tesla did and what he got right and what he got wrong. It's easy to do so. But doing it back at the actual time... now that is what would have been hard.

David