View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 5:48 pm   #1
Al (astral highway)
Dekatron

Default Cutting (router) a circular flashover guard for me?

Hello, as some of you will know, I have very limited 'workshop' facilities (in fact, none!) and do most of my cutting, brazing and prepping on a small picnic table on the balcony outside.

I need to build a corona/flashover guard of appropriately high-dialectric strength and am minded to put this job out for an appropriate fee.

It would need to be in two halves, inside diameter 22cm, outside diameter 24cm. Just a circle of those dimensions. If you have this material, which I guess could be fibreglass or similar, so much the better.

(I don't know if that would be a suitable material, easy to cut and clean, but that's the scope of the job.)

Please indicate here and PM if you're interested and please state what you think the job is worth.

This isn't laziness; I realise I could go out and buy a fretsaw and clamp the thing to the table etc, but it would be a fretsaw that I never will probably use again, given the environment here, and the finish wouldn't be nearly as good as that from a router, as I'm well aware.

Thanks for your understanding of my circumstances and I hope someone can help out!

Cheers,