View Single Post
Old 20th May 2019, 2:55 pm   #13
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: VCR. No RF output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec-chum View Post
I have a Funai vcr/dvd recorder combi which I brought new in 2006, and it does not have RF output also. It's not a fault, but by design. I remember this was mentioned in the first couple of pages in the owners manual. It's a similar idea with many digital freeview boxes, they don't have RF out either.
Hi,

You may have the same as mine, as it's a 2006 model, too. DBVR 6510 (That also answers Bens question)

If it's not a fault then I can try what Julie suggested, with the front controls, and if that doesn't work, i'll try Paul's idea with a cheap universal remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moll View Post
Most VCRs (and other video equipment) will have an "RF out" socket, but I think this may simply be a "pass through" of the "RF in" rather indicating that the VCR can output its own signal this way.
That would make sense, as I plugged the RF out from my working VCR to the Funai's Aerial in, with the Funai's RF out feeding the TV. I was met with a verypoor quality picture, monochrome and very grainy. If the funai was on or off made no difference.

I'll give Julie's idea a test now, and if no luck, i'll go out and grab a universal remote control.

Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it!