View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2020, 8:10 am   #30
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Dynamco D7100 restoration

"Yes, the phosphor really is a lovely colour. I've just tried the 1kHz sine wave and it triggers at 1ms/div, it's only when I get to 0.1ms/div that it stops triggering well" Right, so that means the triggering circuit is working ok, no need to dig into the innards. In my experience what you describe IE the scope not triggering on a faster or slower timebase setting can be normal, every scope is different and it takes a while to learn how to drive it.

That said the only way to discover if your scope can do better and is as per spec is to run through the calibration/check tests. Some scopes have decent step by step procedures, the Dynamco 7200 I had did not if i remember right. Unfortunately the plethora of calibrated test gear needed to properly tweak a scope is daunting, so, with a lot of my analogue scopes it's a case of learning little wrinkles to get round the bits that aren't 100%, much like a lot of vintage motorbikes I've had.

The best thing to do is to use your scope a lot and have a play with the controls, also give any switches a good clean.

Andy.