View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2018, 10:38 pm   #9
RobRusbridge
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Vintage Radio Auction Chorley 3-6-18

Putting things into the catalogue is very much a simple process involving me typing the stuff into the database, then generating a new catalogue from the database, making it to pdf format, and ftp'ing it to the website for perusal. Stuff notified on the Wednesday before the auction is early enough to be in the catalogue. Clearly it won't be in the catalogue for long, but there we are. If a seller is not too worried about their stuff going into the catalogue, I can easily type it into the database on Saturday night and have it on the auctioneer's sheets for the next day. I can enter things on Sunday morning if I have to. I have been doing auction admin for several years now, and I have occasionally been adding late entries into the auction while the auctioneer is already well advanced with his arcane art of squawking and banging. The auction is only as good as the office set-up. My office set-up has been tried and tested in the gritty world of Cornish pop-up tat auctions, and if it can survive seven hundred lots on a wet Tuesday evening in Lanhydrock, it can do anything. The pillock using it, of course, needs to stay alert as well...