View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2018, 9:15 am   #55
RobRusbridge
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Vintage Radio Auction Chorley 3-6-18

Late news...
Nice event. Enjoyed it. Everyone got paid OK, and I think I lost about £20 myself, so it nearly broke even! Three sellers cheques to be mailed tomorrow, rest gone today.
This will grow with a bit of nurturing, so let's build on it. I will book the hall again.
It was in Chorley because that's where a lot of motorways meet and it's where I adopted my children from so I know the area a bit. Another important factor was finding a suitable hall with a helpful committee. Some halls are almost impossible to hire because the committee couldn't care less. Not Adlington. Great stuff there.
Pasties went well. Just counted the money. I'll take more pasties next time. Too close to Wigan for anything pie-inspired to be a flop, I suppose! Windy Pies to be added to the menu - sausage meat, cheese and baked beans.
The results of the sale will be on the steamradios web site soon. Got an auction to do today (helping out at a Cornish pop-up auction) so it'll be later in the week.
I also plan to bag a venue in the Beautiful South quite soon because it's not fair that the North gets all the fun.
Watch this forum for further details!
Many thanks to everyone who participated.
Rob.