View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2021, 2:13 pm   #5
PaulS69
Triode

Default Re: GPO 706 not ringing when connected to RTX wireless extension

Thank you! This is great information. What are your thoughts on the below. I also posted my issue on the BT Community forum and got the following response;

“TBH, I’m not familiar with whatever this RTX wireless extension is, is your 706 phone is plugged into this device rather than the physical line socket ? the 706 phone is old technology, designed to ‘ring’ in phase with the 90v AC ringing current sent from the exchange , if this phone isn’t physically wired to the landline , then it’s not likely to ‘ring’, it needs 90v AC to operate the electromagnetic coils that operate the ‘bells’ within the phone ( giving that retro sound )

A modern phone doesn’t necessarily ring in phase with the exchange ringing condition ( ring ring, pause, ring ring ) they simply detect the ringing voltage and do whatever the user has selected in the menu options to signal an incoming call ( some phones play music rather than ‘ringing’ much like a mobile phone ) , your 706 doesn’t detect the signal as such, it uses the the 90v AC , a wireless connection isn’t going to provide that voltage wirelessly”