View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2021, 12:12 am   #23
Ellectronics
Triode

Default Re: Akai VHS VCRs - want to hear your opinions on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdoofah View Post
I remember the Baird HiFi machine, mine would play HiFi tapes that were borderline & that my JVC HE-D910EK refused to track properly! The VFD on mine was failing even in the early 90's - I ended up keeping it just to copy to the other machine worn out HiFi recordings with the inevitable loss of picture quality but restored stereo sound! Me & my girlfriend at the time bought a new single speed mono machine with a peculiar 'Sideways' remote which was a pain to get used to holding, that was in 1989 Despite the odd remote, picture quality was very good as was the auto tracking feature!........Funny the things we remember in the audio/video world we lived in![
That’s interesting to hear Nick and agreed it’s cool that you guys remember these details. I was shocked by this Akai vs g240 as it’s a well used machine and much lower and spec compare to the others I’ve used & Get it handled that old tape so well. Sometimes it’s not just what’s written on paper it’s the actual real world results that count. One of the big drawbacks of buying online is that we just can’t appreciate the small differences between products anymore. I’m just glad that I’ve been able to still get good machines now before they disappear completely

What’s your machine of choice these days? Or have you gone completely digital?

Thanks for sharing