View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2018, 4:37 pm   #11
Cobaltblue

Default Re: Vintage Radio Service Data DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebogipfel View Post
Paul,

The only grey area I can't get my head around is putting restrictions on the usage of individual data sheets. If you could have contacted the original copyright holders and bought the rights then that would be a very different situation. Surely copying a Trader sheet for a friend acknowledging the source must be reasonable behaviour?

As I stated earlier I have a folder full of original Trader sheets but although they have been in my possession for 50+ years I do not claim any sort of copyright on them, nor am I entitled to in any way.

It just seems the whole thing on the net is a bit of a legal shambles and I don't begin to understand it.
If you take a copy of your original trader sheet and send it to a friend I don't see a problem after all I have been copying sheets from my collection for decades to give to friends (at least 3 probably 4 or more ).

I remember copying sheets in the old 3M copiers at work where you got that funny shiny copy that would fade over 5 years or so

Paul is only claiming rights to the Sheets he has copied cleaned up and made available if I understand him correctly.

For the same reason although I have Pauls DVD I scanned my copies of Cossor Service sheets from originals and a lot of work it was too, it would in no way be right or fair to use Pauls scans.

I need to re-scan many or re edit many to improve the quality or in some cases find a better original.

Cheers

Mike T