View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2022, 7:31 am   #23
ajgriff
Nonode

Default Re: Just got myself a commodore pet setup but not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
The photo of the one you referred to in the link only appears to show a single loom going from the mainboard to the monitor (From J7). If you look at the diagram for the monitor (not included in your dossier) it shows that power to the monitor is AC, going in on pins 1 and 2 of the connector at the monitor end.

I’ve attached another PDF with the VDU schematic and PSU layout diagram. The pair of twisted brown wires supply AC to pins 1 & 2 on the VDU board which seems to be a standard PET arrangement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriff View Post
I note that J10 isn't connected in the photo'.

Interestingly in the 4032 photo’ (see below) on Dave Dunfield’s site there’s no sign of a connector going to J10 and there isn’t one shown on the PSU layout diagram either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishColin View Post
Something I noticed - the photo of the 4032 from the web site has an earth wire running down from the monitor to the earth screw at the back left hand corner of the motherboard. Neither mine nor the OPs have that in place.

Looks like the earth wire is a user modification. Not relevant to anything in particular but the jeweller’s screwdriver lying on the main board of the Dunfield machine amuses me.

Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4032 Dunfield.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	258769  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 4032 PSU & VDU.pdf (765.2 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by ajgriff; 10th Jun 2022 at 7:42 am.