View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2018, 2:27 pm   #72
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: JRC NRD515 HF Coms Receiver, 1982, FM on VFO?

Just as a further update to my posts at [48] and [17] the prospective NRD 515 TX/RX purchaser who contacted me and was ideal, both from his point of view and mine, had to reluctantly withdraw from the agreement in the end. This was due to a number of complicating factors that arose, none of them directly connected with the equipment itself. I re-assured him that I fully understood his difficulties and that, in fact, the whole process has been useful in motivating me to get things together at last. I've even come across some Short Wave Mags with the front page adds praising the 515 gear that I'd mentioned. I've a clear idea of the sort of price I'm asking now but I don't think it's appropriate to mention that on the Forum unless I go public in the Sets and Parts offered section. I may well do that or even use the auction site option but I'm still reluctant for the reasons I mentioned at post 17.

In the meantime and as before, I will give preference to established Forum Members in the first place. If there is anyone who may have an interest please contact me by pm or e-mail for further discussion after reading my previous posts.

Dave W