View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2014, 3:56 pm   #1
Mikey405
Octode

Default Final Solihull Fling - 10th May 2014 - TV Junk Swap

Hi everyone.

Final Solihull TV Junk Collection / Swap / Meetup - 10th of May 2014.

Mods - Would it be okay for this to stay in the "TV" section until the time has past please?

As I am finally hoping to make a suitable gesture to my current employer (of 23 years) and move back down to Devon later this year, I was wondering if anyone fancied a final fun filled TV-fixing fling in sunny Solihull before I am penniless and jobless.

As usual, it will be a bit of a free-for-all with swapping / giving away / picking up junk and anything else that is vaguely TV related. I can't promise the enormous pile of stuff like there was last year but it's always brilliant (but certainly not compulsory) if people can bring anything that they might like to get rid of etc.

There will be the usual bacon sandwiches in the morning, TV fixing and general chitter-chattering during the day with a pub lunch at The Drum and Monkey in Four Ashes Road and maybe even curry in the evening for anyone who wishes to stay a bit later. A good supply of components and spares will be on hand for people who wish to have a fiddle with TVs.

10th of May is well into British Summer Time (for what that's worth these days) and it should be light well into the evening. There will be a few beds / sofas / floors etc. available for anyone who wishes to stay over on the Saturday though. (And the next day is the NVCF which is about 25 miles away just a short trip down the M40.)

Thanks everyone.

Kind regards.

From Mike.