View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2019, 12:59 pm   #31
cheerfulcharlie
Heptode

Default Re: Alba TC1525 G6 Dual Standard.

Yes following it with interest too.

It was a baptism of fire in my young days when I bought a few from one of those TV warehouses. I had been learning on B/W tvs and thought it was about time I got into colour. ..all those lovely looking ex Visionhire tvs stacked up..there can't be much wrong with them LOL.
However, taking the back off and seeing all those valves and the smoke stack with it's radiation symbol evoked the reaction of OMG!
I soon learned that Visionhire had probably paid the warehouse op to scrap them..not sell them on.
One had curious spots on the screen when on ..I think I came to the conclusion that the shadowmask had shifted.
Some others IIRC had a cherry red PL509 and it's diode and came to the conclusion that a winding had failed..nobody seemed to repair/stock G6 LOPTs
A blank raster source of problem was quickly found by tapping the PFL200 and following the burn marks around it's board.
..but apart from that they did indeed have magnificent pictures once set up with the very convenient convergance controls.
When you switched on and the light in the room dimmed slightly..you knew you had fixed it.