View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2019, 9:15 pm   #1
Wendymott
Octode

Default Birketts of Lincoln

Hi Mod.. I hope this is allowed..I have NO commercial interest what so ever.
Today Sat 13th, I visited the great city of Lincoln..First port of call was my old dear friend John Birkett. It was 6 years since I last visited the shop, when I bought an Eddy 870.
As I had had no contact I was unsure if JB was still with us..however on entering the shop, I was pleasantly surprised to see JB sitting in his chair over seeing proceedings.
After the usual niceties and chit chat, I asked if I was permitted to take some general photo's around the shop to which he agreed, and said I could post them on the forum, as lots of forum members would be interested.
John is now of an age that many would strive to....but his health is waning, but the mind is still as sharp as I remember.
Although he remains open the radio stuff is much diminished and a lot of the stock is military aircraft parts. As I was chatting a lady came in with a request for ANYTHING Vulcan... she went away with an altimeter for her hubby..so to all that have met John in the past, this is a small update to say he is still in business, if anyone wants a Vulcan Altimeter he's your man.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shop 1.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	186631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shop 4.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	186632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shop 3.jpg
Views:	581