View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2019, 2:31 pm   #103
Luxman1050
Octode

Default Re: Philips BX281U20 valve radio

Cheers Marrten I do apologise for the continued subject but unfortunately I'm not an electrical engineer so when you start using measuring current, converting to ohms, finding wattage, working out amps etc bit beyond my intellect. Throw stats at me fine. So for those of you that have had years of experience working through measurements etc. using physics it may seem simple to yourselves but not for me I'm afraid. Hence I come on here to gain knowledge and sound advice which is always appreciated and it can become repetitive. It's bit like driving for the first time there's alot to take in but eventually it becomes second nature but when your stuck behind a learner it can become frustrating as we forgot we all started in the same way.
I think changing out the resistors adding some more new wiring hopefully I'll get some better readings. But as suggested since it's 220v and it's getting 245 volts as already suggested the readings will be high. So it will probably mean adding in a shunt to bring the voltage down which I think was suggested across volume on/off switch. But I will have to try and work out using ohms law what resistance is required and wattage plus heat dissipation and whether a diode will also need to be incorporated into the circuit.