Default Re: 232L bakelite telephone and No 26 Bellset

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanidea View Post
russell
I have paired my units as follows.
Bellset:-
I removed all links
connected resistor between term 8-9
Terminal 9 in the bellset isn't used, according to the circuit diagram. In fact, according to my drawing, it isn't shown at all!

Here's what I would do:

FIRST OFF, IN YOUR BELLSET 26:-

1): There should be terminals marked 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Connect your 3k resistor between terminals 7 and 8. Ignore terminals E, 6 and 9.

2): Remove any link between terminals 4 and 5.

3): Ensure there is a link between terminals 2 and 3.

4): There really ought to be a link between terminals 1 and 7, but this isn't essential. HOWEVER - I'll leave it in, as it makes numbering easier between telephone and bellset, so ensure that terminals 1 and 7 are linked.

5): Connect the white wire of your standard BT plug and lead (pin 2 on the plug, as discussed elsewhere) to the linked terminals 1 and 7 in your bellset.

6): Connect the red wire of your standard BT plug and lead (pin 5 on the plug) to terminal 5 in your bellset.

7): Connect the blue wire of your standard BT plug and lead (pin 4 on the plug) to the linked terminals 2 and 3 in your bellset.

CONNECTING YOUR 232 TELEPHONE TO YOUR BELLSET 26:

8): Connect the linked terminals 1 and 7 in your bellset to terminal 1 in your 232 telephone (thus taking your standard BT plug and lead white wire from the bellset to the telephone).

9): Connect terminal 5 in your bellset to terminal 3 in your 232 telephone (thus taking your standard BT plug and lead red wire from the bellset to the telephone).

10): Connect the linked terminals 2 and 3 in your bellset to terminal 2 in your 232 telephone (thus taking your standard BT plug and lead blue wire from the bellset to the telephone).

This should work, providing you haven't disturbed the handset wiring in the process.

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.