View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2020, 9:25 pm   #2545
factory
Octode

Default Re: AVO Multimeter survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Philpott View Post
An impressive machine, and you have also stopped someone from making a clock out of it!

Dave
Sadly a lot of early digital meters never seem to get offered complete or end up destroyed to make a clock, I couldn't let that happen to this one.
I regret not buying another item (not made by AVO) a few years ago due to lack of space at the time, it reappeared a few months later a lot shorter as a clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGilham View Post
I have seen a few adverts and drawing related to this electronic system. Not sure we sold many, so I imagine quite rare.

Andy
There isn't much on the web for these & no service info that I can find, so your probably right about not many being sold, plus the DA112 appeared soon after.
There was another DS109 on a different forum in 2015 but the pictures have since vanished. Also forum member "threeseven" mentions one of these early digital systems in the "AVO/Megger research" thread.

I just noticed the plug is labelled LF Gen, I guess that it originally had that module rather than the multimeter one. The display system frame DS109 is serial no. PP003, anyone know what PP stands for? The multimeter module MM110 is serial no. 205 and the AC option card AC111? is serial no. 173.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_6629a.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	207867 Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_6572a.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	207865 Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_6614a.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	207866

Possibly a little OT but do any of the adverts give the models of the other modules?

David
factory is online now   Reply With Quote