View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2016, 1:05 am   #126
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Re: Old torches - anyone here collect them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techman View Post
The copper plated 'oil lamp look-alike' I've had for a lifetime and is a bit of a rare survivor...
I had one of those, as a child!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G4SPZ View Post
I think I have some of these somewhere, in a packet confusingly labelled 'flashlight bulbs'...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techman
If these are the long form red type, then this is exactly the type with the internal bi-metal strip that was originally in this lamp and I would love to be able to find a replacement for this lamp and wonder if you would be able to spare one. However, if these are part of a set in an original packet or for what ever other reason, then I quite understand if you would rather keep them complete.
Well, I had a hunt for what I thought I remembered, and didn't find them. However, what I did find was what I think you're looking for! Its glass bulb is tubular and about 1" long, with a MES cap. I've tested it and it works. It seems to operate from about 3 volts up to 4.5 volts and takes around 0.3 amp. It's clear in colour, not red, although I'm sure you could resolve that. You're welcome to it, FOC for the price of postage. It will be nice to see one of those copper lamps burning again! Please drop me a PM to discuss details.

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts