View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2019, 10:15 pm   #4
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Valor type EV2 electric heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boater Sam View Post
Same steelwork as the paraffin model, you can see where the wick cleaner slotted into the lugs on the back.
I remember these, if you dropped one whilst on, the elements could short and glow white hot before they burnt out.
Yes, something else I noticed, but only when I was uploading the photos, is that you can see another embossed name beneath the model plate which looks like the 'B' and the 'M' from the word 'Birmingham' written in and arch form and visible from beneath each side of the plate, perhaps from the tooling from the paraffin model?

I think you ought to tell us more about how you know what happens when the heaters are dropped, Sam. Was it a heater belonging to you, or was it one belonging to someone else?

The heater wasn't needed in the end as the gas didn't go off until last Wednesday, and not only was it a warm day, but I was out for half of it at the auctions, when I got back the work had been done and they were ready to re-connect. They told me that they could supply electric space heaters to anyone that needed them, so the heater wouldn't have been needed, even if it had been extremely cold anyway, but a good excuse to dig it out and clean and test it.

Trevor - show us a picture of your heater, I'm sure we'd all like to see it.