Thread: KB WV20 Warwick
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2019, 2:45 pm   #1
regentone001
Heptode

Default KB WV20 Warwick

Hi
I picked up this tv, at least my mate did for me, at a local auction for the princely sum of £15.When it was home I gave it a cursory look over and brushed out some of the dust. It had been played with but didn't look too bad so took a chance and plugged it in. No bangs or flashes but after a short time a blank raster and loud buzz, adjustable with the vol control on both systems, a very faint click was heard on turning the 405 line tuner.
The next day I took a better look and found that a number of switches on the system switch had wires soldered over them including the I.F from the tuner which meant that the I.F on 405 was shorted to chassis and that the sound for both systems were linked together. The I.F can from one set of coils is missing, this is the can with the video detector diode in. I removed the wire links and replaced several RS replacement caps and tried again.
On 405 full scan and with the aurora connected I got sound and very very faint signal on the tube. On 625 I got the loud vol adjustable buzz and no visible signal.
Anybody ideas where to go from here? Could it be the GD12 detector diode? I would ideally like to get 405 working correctly before trying anything with UHF. Is it possible anyone has a suitable I.F can for the one that is missing. I will have to put a request in too for a 405 channel change knob as that is missing.
Thanks for any input
Steve