Thread: The Nvcf
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 9:27 pm   #6
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: The Nvcf

I think the German chap (who was the same one who bought a lot of sets at Wootton Bassett in January) was mainly there to buy, and stacked his table with junk that he couldn't sell in Germany! He tended to leave his partner to man the stall while he went around shopping. I don't think he was anything like as successful as he was in January.

With the aisles, Mike and the venue manager were much more strict on how much people could put in front of tables. I think the layout was also changed a bit, with wider aisles and narrower spaces between tables for stallholders.

The initial setup was also much better this year, with doors on both sides of the hall used (last year only the one side was used). Use of the second side is subject to the weather though, as that side is the paddock.

The committee did look at the issues raised last year and tried where possible to make appropriate improvements. I don't know what can be done about the initial paying and entry, but it is something we can discuss. We have to hope for dry weather though, as people will have to queue outside.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster