Thread: The Nvcf
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2007, 8:59 pm   #5
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: The Nvcf

Very good to meet up with a lot of people today - I am amazed that I found anyone through the crowds!

Turning to the event now....

I have to say that some of the comments I made last year are no longer relevant.

The traders seemed to respect the need for walkways, and there seemed to be much more room at the bottom of the hall

There was a good mix of stuff available, and the display looked very good indeed.

The organisation seemed to be up to its usual exemplary standards - something that Mike and the team of unsung heros ought to be congratulated on - the event did seem to have a better "feel" this year!

I think the only possible request, or comment I could mention, would be - Could the entry be improved in any way? - I know the layout might not permit this, but a few more people taking the cash might reduce the queue! - not a grumble really, but if the weather was bad, there would have been an awful lot of wet visitors!

Hmm, prices, well, I guess they will always be high - that being said, I did pick up a reasonable TV62 for £90 - took a bit of haggling, but well worth the effort!

I wonder if the German chap managed to shift the huge pile of damaged Volksempfanger sets - IMO a little optimistic on pricing, and didnt really understand the concept of haggling! - I couldnt justify a VE301, incomplete and a smashed case for £80.00, so walked away - shame really, as I think one would be good to restore!

On balance, a good day - would have liked to spend longer there, but my youngest does not really appreciate the joys of radio events....

Cheers
Sean