Thread: TV cycling?
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2014, 2:31 pm   #3
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: TV cycling?

I hate to say that most of mine don't see much use once restored! I have my workshop in a converted garage (1970's brick built in a long row), and have shelves all round, down one side I have TV's only, just because I made the shelves stick out enough to acomodate the depth of cabinets of largeish colour TV's.

I have recently added more sockets, and after re-installing the workshop aerial, and re-routing the cables to behind the TV shelves I have wired in a freeview box, an 8 way distribution amp and the Aurora, I can now fire up pretty much any TV and watch something without too much hassle.

The set that I use most is the TMB272 that I restored recently, as it's by far the best set I own picture wise, cabinet leaves a little to be desired though! I need to get some more coax now, as I ran out, and some more splitters.

I haven't used any of my set's in the house, it's my parents house and I'm sure they would rather stick with the Sony 32" in the living room! I am currently searching for my own place, so when I get it I'll probably have one of my old set's in use!

As for how many sets.... there must be getting on for over 50 by now! That includes modern stuff that no one's interested in, of which I seem to have too much of... Anyone want a modern plastic Sony?!?

I'll try and get a photo later if I can tidy up a bit first!

Lloyd.