View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2017, 5:47 pm   #8
Seidways
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: ALBA T14 - Grey Raster with Retrace Lines

Hi John,

Yes, both the Brightness and Volume controls appear to work as intended. I can hear static noise from the speaker.

I went about checking the voltages you'd mentioned. The cathode of W14 measured 81.5v (seemingly a bit low), going to measure VT9 I got 0 volts on both the base & emitter but 82.5v on the collector, the schematic specifies 45v so no doubt that transistor is dead.

I found probing the voltage on that transistor also has seemingly screwed up the brightness control which would previously completely darken the screen at the lowest value but now only dims the screen and seems to now have less of a brightness range, perhaps I've shorted something? D:

As for C111, I'll need to order a replacement 1uf 350v cap to swap that one out. I'll also go about changing VT9.

Also as Colin made mention, I did try to tune in an RF signal from my VCR to no success. It was my understanding this set is 625 Lines and that it can accept a standard PAL signal and not need conversion to a 405 line signal for the TV to accept it. Am I wrong in this regard?

Thanks everyone for your continued support