View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2021, 10:12 am   #42
HECTOR63
Banned

Default Re: Going Mobile with Amateur Radio

Again Many thanks for all the replies folks and the takes and advices on Hands Free operations etc.Im with the 'It can Wait Party' and same as for mobile phone aswell.In the 80s and 90s when I used to be in th esales side of cellular etc it was the mainstream,but in later years now things can wait that little longer for me and texts and email are majic.At leat im not paying 75p per messege as in the old days with SMS in use and having a rather expensive but nice Motorola MicroTac 2SE with dashboard mount handset and all the applicable jazz etc.But its been great advice along the way and helped greatly as a home station just isnt practical at the moment.I may yet opt for Handheld as opposed to fixed mobile as easier to keep away from any security issues whilst unattended but in the awareness of battery use etc its going to be fun.Meanwhile the recievers are taking shape from repairs etc that I have and as my portable Icom is just great for palm size use I may yet still have a dabble with an SDR for the digital side of things just to get a feel for it whilst in study of foundation course.