View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2004, 6:02 am   #20
Andrew_-_XVK6ZEA

Default Re: AVO Multimeter survey

Hi SPCh,

I went to check out that AVO properly and then wanted to offer to buy it. Well, the lady was frantic when I lifted it off the shelf. She said you either buy it or do not touch. I poited out to her that I was interested to buy it and I wanted to check to see if all was OK as a few things were missing, like the battery compartment lid and the clip for the black lead. I also saw one of the knobs melted probably from a soldering iron. She responded that people steel things, that is why those things are missing. Then she took it from me and put it up on the to shelf behind her. She said this is antique and whether it works or not it will cost you $85.00. I thanked her politely and walked out.

If I saw it correctly it was an ex Telstra unit from Sydney and appeared to be model 9x if there is such a thing. I saw the serial number too, but I did not have a chance to take it down.

Well I just have to continue using my dust collecting 99 other test meters. I suppose the really good news is that now I can spend this money on something else I really do not need.

Regards
Andrew