Thread: Maplin stores
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2017, 7:25 pm   #33
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Maplin stores

It’s not for me to do Maplin’s publicity for them, but I don’t think it’s widely known on the forum, that Maplin has an online ‘Clearance Outlet', which is wholly owned and managed by Maplin Electronics Ltd but which operates entirely independently, offering products that aren't available in store or via Maplin.co.uk. Basically, it’s an e-bay shop, with ‘buy-it-now’ prices and payment only by paypal.

To comply with forum rules I won’t give the e-bay link but ‘Maplin Clearance Outlet' in google will find it.

At the Clearance Outlet you can buy new and refurbished items with a 365 day product guarantee. The new items are products that were previously available through Maplin but have been discontinued. Well worth looking at the Outlet from time to time - a lot of the low turnover items that we're interested in (as well as stuff that we're not), is being cleared from stock in the High Street stores and funnelled through the Outlet. I’ve bought several items such as ABS project boxes and soldering iron tips for irons I have that are no longer stocked, at considerably lower prices than when carried in the High Street stores.

In some instances the packaging may be damaged. The product inside will be pristine. Refurbished items are customer returns, a large proportion of which have never been used, but may or may not be in its original packaging. They may be unwanted gifts or products customers have simply changed their mind about, which have then been returned to Maplin’s. They’ve been checked, inspected, repaired (if necessary), graded and re-boxed, with all accessories necessary for the item to function. (All refurbished items are clearly marked in the description).

Maplin stores are a separate entity and aren’t able to refund or assist with Maplin Clearance Outlet purchases. The Clearance Outlet will help with any queries by email via My eBay. All of the items sold by Maplin Clearance Outlet carry a label advising they are not returnable in store.

Hope that's of interest.

(Posted for information - not discussion).