View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2018, 10:33 am   #60
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: Tesla MH74S571 programming.

That's a good discovery, but, although my Hi-Lo ALL-07A can program the 82S131 I would be reluctant to risk damage to the programmer itself by using it in such unorthodox fashion, because the programmer is a real antique and spares / service information are hard to come by now. For your own needs maybe this individual with the Logical Devices programmer can be persuaded to programme them in small quantities?

I'm still pinning my hopes on someone successfully coming up with a dedicated MH74S571 programmer based on Arduino, etc. Unfortunately I don't have the incentive to do this myself because I have no Tesla devices, nor any need to buy any.

When the difficulty of programming the Tesla devices became evident I bought a couple of DM74S571 PROMs from a UK supplier to program up as spares for my MK14, since they obviously will not be available for ever. They cost me about £12 the pair, nothing like as cheap as the Tesla devices but on the other hand I had them programmed and working within minutes.