View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2018, 4:21 pm   #1
Poseidon
Retired Dormant Member

Default New member...(needing help)

Hello Group - newly joined and interested in reviving my old pastime of SWL, but all my rigs have gone deaf after many years collecting dust in the shack whilst I cavorted on the internut for my amusement.
I have a few old rigs - AR88D, Panasonic DR29 and Yaesu 7700 as well as various vhf rigs and assorted marine HF and VHF sets.
In particular, I'm hoping the group might be able to offer some support/guidance on getting my old Panasonic DR29 back into use. It's gone stone deaf on the 3 HF bands, both on SSB and AM. All other functions work fine with good audio, clear tuning on VHF etc. I suspect dirty switches but it's proving too tough for me to separate the various circuit boards and mechanical parts to gain access to the rear of the rotary pots and pole switches so I can inject some liquid gold in the form of the hideously expensive Deoxit. I suspect I may have to pass the rig on for professional attention as I have a habit of dismantling and destroying electromechanical devices through my inability to re-assmble. But actually finding anyone willing and able to take on the work at an affordable price is proving tough. Any comments or suggestions from the group gratefully received - Keith (Oban)