View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2011, 9:19 pm   #179
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: Restorers dream part 2 the chassis.

Hello Colin,
Looks like there are some capacitors there that are leaking so badly they are probably in need of nappies. You need to take care here and concentrate on the ones I marked green on the earlier circuit. I have a PY33 and a channel selector knob packed up and waiting to go on Monday. I chassis tested the PY33 and it works fine. The PY33 has a 29v heater so it might be better to wait until the rectifier arrives before the receiver is run for long periods. It looks great so far. Have you got a Mazda valve data book or similar to give you the valve base connections? If not I can probably find you one. It will be a lot easier if we can identify the valve elctrodes when chatting. At this stage, now you have an actual test card I still think it better to replace one cap at a time. It is so easy to make a mistake when doing a blanket change and I always suggest this to guys that are working on equipment without good layout diagrams. Get the picture right first Colin. The audio is easy. Cheers, John.