Thread: REN Booster
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 1:51 pm   #24
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Default Re: REN Booster

A few years ago, I got a hint about the Panasonic KXT 308 and 616 PABXs would help me with several problems.

I got a KXT 616 from UK (and have long rings for internal calls, and short double rings for external calls)
This PABX solved several problems. I got 16 internal lines (16 integratedmodular sockets of std US type) Each just powering nicely at least 3 old telephones, (unmodified). I may call internal between the 16 different extensions) I may program witch lines to ring daytime, and witch to ring night time. (or not at all) I may restrict some if I want. E.g. The one in my often uloced garage is restricted to only call emergency numbers, C-net numbers, and my mobile.
I do not have to modify my telephones exept those with reverce dial. The PABX accepts tone and rotary, but is programmed to send tone only.

To start up, it is only to hang the box on the wall, and plug in the power.
Programming is solved by using a special phone on the first ext. (21 on mine)

It is several other options, wich I not have tested. Thancs to C*NET I have been able to connect via an ATA both direct acsess to each line, and free connections to other entusiasts all ower the world. The biggest problem is the time difference. The next is my internet connection, who may be some unstable.

dsk