View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2018, 4:48 pm   #9
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Upside down pictures

I use an actual camera to take pictures for use on the forum and I usually have it set to its lowest resolution setting for very quick uploading, unless I forget, or have taken the pictures at a higher setting for use elsewhere. I've found that since using Windows 10, that any pictures taken in 'portrait' rather than the usual 'landscape' will end up being displayed on their side. I used to get round this by firing up an old computer running Windows XP, where these 'portrait' orientated pictures would upload and display correctly. I've since noticed that the initial 'thumbnail' loaded as 'portrait' with Windows 10 is correct, but goes on its side when clicked to enlarge. However, if the imagege is then clicked again to enlarge in a new window or tab, or right clicked from the thumbnail to open in a new window or tab, the image displays in portrait and in the correct orientation, so I don't bother too much now as I presume that members viewing the image will open it via this method. A recent example of this was the first picture in a group of five in post #26 in the "Show us your drills" thread, which I took in 'portrait' orientation with the camera on its side - thread linked to below:-
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...=148750&page=2