View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2022, 11:57 am   #17
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default Re: Sun 4th Dec BVWS Royal Wootton Bassett

What a truly excellent day at Royal Wootton Bassett! The crowds and buzz were so welcome after these last few dreadful years, and it was wonderful to see so many old friends in such fine form.

Major thanks are due as usual to Mike, Jim and the gang for organising and managing the event in such style, and of course for the very welcome mince pies.

I managed to sell a lot of surplus items, many for funds for BTTT, and passed over various pre-bought items to a number of UKVRR folk.

And it was an amazing day for Pamphonic purchases. After many years of drought of Pam items, I ended up with THREE! A tiny TB90 table transistor for £1, shabby but with a much better cabinet than my current one, and the correct knobs. Then Greg (Audiomagpie) passed on a lovely condition Pam transistor table set, spotted recently for me by Mike Barker. I thought it was the same as an existing one I have (TB77), but was delighted to find it was the much rarer export version (TX160) with all the short wave bands. And finally, I filled another gap in my collection at the auction. Just £10 bought me a smart Model 965 valve table set. My cup ranneth over! I just need a bit more shelf display space now, and some time to get the sets checked out and working.

-Jeremy