View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2020, 11:37 pm   #129
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: Mullard Valve Tester Card Project

Hi!

I've recently acquired an E7600/4 which will be my restoration project I wish to keep, and I got a large stack of CV cards with it, but I don't believe it's the full set by any means – I don't think there's any CV2xxx or CV3xxx in my set, altho' the "CV Pack ABC" List does cross–reference "CV" cards to Mullard Commercial Cards of course!

Chris

PS!

Was "Mullard Numerical List No 8" the last one released and when was it dated?

PPS!

Did any of the early Mullard lists show the "EFM1/EFM11" Combined a.f. pentode/magic–eye tuning indicator, or did Mullard assume this valve had gone completely before the H.S.V.T. was designed, and therefore saw no need to produce a card set for it?

I'm surprised the Lorenz/Telefunken EAM86 diode/indicator valve used in Tandberg Reel–to–reel machines never got a card–set – does this valve post–date the cut–off date of development of new issue cards for the machine?

PPPS!

Some magic–eye cards were marked with the "mixer–osc" test function I believe, but the one m.e. card I have, no. 940 for the EM34, has no function marking at all – can anybody who's got any of the more recent m.e. cards confirm what marking was used, if any, please?

(H.S.V.T. gurus please excuse me for asking about m.e. cards in the Mullard H.S.V.T., but testing indicator valves is something that received virtually no mention in magazines, text–books or this Forum in general, so I thought I'd bring the subject up!)

Last edited by Chris55000; 6th Mar 2020 at 11:59 pm.
Chris55000 is offline   Reply With Quote