View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2019, 3:56 pm   #5
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: Vintage mobile phones

I’ve still got all my old mobile phones, and the ones I had from new still have their boxes too. Best phone I had was an iPhone 4, I got 7 years out of it, but then it got killed by a crap USB charger all my old ones were working when put away, most were Sony-Ericsson, One was an Ericsson, big one with a rather large aerial, a Sharp GX-10i, one of the first camera phones, pictures were rubbish of course! I have some others too, Nokia 9210i, I used to work for a Nokia service centre back around 2002-2004, then worked for another phone refurb company, who shall remain unnamed, they mostly did Motorola, Sony-Ericsson, Sharp... I hated the Motorola RAZR things! Awful things to refurb, that god awful keyboard flex cable, we had to peel them from the case and re-use them! I may have purposely destroyed a few that were a bit flakey, I know I got into trouble once because it took 45 minutes to fully refurb one, that was the V3, I also snapped one in half whilst having a bad day, although most days were bad at that place.

Regards
Lloyd