View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 1:10 pm   #10
dominicbeesley
Octode

Default Re: AM Micro Transmitter

I don't know what you're trying to say about my electronics skills!

Yes, more young kids (and people with learning difficulties etc) should try these things out - even if you don't fully get the theory it's great fun making something that works and inspires to get that understanding. Something that being given a ready made, sealed plastic box just doesn't do.

My first "toy" transmitter made from various electronics kits I'd been handed down and got from jumble sales managed to transmit over the area of about a mile, due to my hooking it up to some disused telephone lines....until my father found out and gave me a good hiding! I was about 6 at the time!

I'll definitely try and keep this one's range down somewhere reasonable. And back on topic if I make a frame aerial that I reckon should be roughly ~75ohms at 400m and I deliver a few volts pp into it what sort of range would I get? Please could somebody explain how do I convert this to mv/m or whatever and what sort of figure should I be trying to acheive to cover a single floor of a medium sized terraced house?

Cheers

Dom