Thread: Rank Cintel TK
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2020, 9:30 am   #17
PaulM
Hexode

Default Re: Rank Cintel TK

We already have some quite long stories logged from the Marconi side of things - including an hilarious account of attending Buckingham Palace for a Queen's Award to Industry reception for winners which the B3404 was one. That's written by Andy Fremont - the chap with the beard in the pic of a B3404. The BBC still bought zero, typical . . . The write-up on the B3404 is extensive and it will be appearing on our website www.becg.tv as we extend our coverage to VTR, Telecine etc.

The really forgotten area is high power TX. There's a couple of STC CG1 500W units from the 50s in preservation with the British Heritage Television people here: http://405-line.tv/cg1-transmitters/
I do have some drive equipment including a Marconi B7400 series unit that formed part of the Crystal Palace BBC2 UHF TV transmitter but not much more.

The ex-Cintel guys I work with are 'last generation' and don't go back as far as the Mk I, II and III, so not such a rich seam of information as it may be thought.

We're trying very hard to house all of this kit - including all the restored OB trucks, all the VT, telecine and hundreds of cameras of all types. Before the Covid thing kicked in we were negotiating for a 14,000 sq ft building but that's on hold. Our collective money sources have hit the buffers a bit and we're going to have to fund raise. Donations always welcome (hint, hint hint). BTW, we've been warned off the lottery by several groups we know as such projects rarely work out without problems, so if people want to see this stuff preserved, looked-after, interpreted and shown to the public, we need more money to buy our building.

Telecine is one major part of our goals so not forgotten by us!

Best regards,

Paul M
www.becg.tv