View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2012, 6:21 pm   #12
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Re: Dealers on this forum

Folks, I dont know how difficult it would be for the Moderators, but perhaps the brief profile beneath each person's name on a post - should state if a person is a regular internet dealer. As well as eBay, there is Gumtree and one or two other sites.

Personally, I'd be really upset to discover that something I'd sold cheaply, or given, to a fellow Forum member, ended up being flogged profitably on eBay. Those who know me are aware that I've sold at what they cost me originally, or sold at a nominal price - with the dosh being for collection fuel costs, packaging, etc. Monies made have also gone to charities, and heaps of items just given away to radio clubs and individuals.

Here speaks a guy who has filled (seats down) the spacious boot of my old Freelander, several times in the last two years with heaps and heaps of mainly decent working test equipment. Most destined for the skip, had I not rescued it. Had I been mercenary, and had the time and patience for packaging, couriering, etc (I don't have the inclination nor the time and patience) - I reckon I could've made a couple of grand.

After joining the Forum I was really grateful to those guys who encouraged me and either sold stuff to me cheaply, or actually gave me items for free. This I think is the whole ethos of the Forum. I also think its very sad when folk take advantage of such kindness.

Regards,
David