View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2019, 8:32 pm   #19
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Radio auction in Diss, Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshWard View Post
I picked up my bits today (or rather my dad kindly did). I didn't get time to head up for it sadly so left some bids in advance.

I scored the TR82CL/VTR103 combo and the Pye MM. The Pye was probably market value and I have wanted one for years, nice to find one locally. It's in very nice condition having been restored quite well sometime in the past. The cabinet has been refinished and there's plenty of new components inside. Nice that all the controls work as I know they are prone to falling to pieces on these. Not sure if they have been rebuilt or not. Sadly the mains connector is AWOL so I haven't applied power yet.

Both the TR82 and the VTR work after a fashion. They will need the usual AF11* treatment. Again I have wanted a VTR for years and £50 for the two is pretty good going as VTRs alone can fetch that now. I will probably sell the TR82 on to recoup some of the cost.

Very pleased
Well done on the VTR103. Hopefully my input on that lot helped! The G63 was still described as a radiogram, though. I don't think £65 for it was unreasonable. The amp alone would probably fetch more- stereo p-p UL ECL82s.

Would you be interested in a few GT322b transistors? Or are you OK for subs?
.........O..Chris....O