View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2017, 2:52 pm   #79
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Re: Free Standardised Valves

Folks, Me edd is swimming with Hexhell !
Martin - back on the 12th, your tabulations & graphs included Nick's & Richard's results. Yes they were fortunately within 5%, but remember - those guys had a different valve - 6AU5GT No 1,. You & I shared No 3.
Nick - thanks for the pdf versions.
Richard - good point. Would everyone be happy with getting within 5% of my DC Tester/Martin'sRoetest/ & the two 163's - all jolly close. Also remember what I said a few posts back about "Green Zone" readings on meters. I'm sure 5 - 10% of centre green would be acceptable.
Talking of meters - I'd really like some Taylor & Mullard enthusiasts to join in the debate. Their views are just as important as us AVO VCM folk's. Even though accurate Ia's aren't a serious feature with them. Then there are the Sussex enthusiasts - come on guys. Perhaps all this talk of graph analysis is putting some Forum folk off.
As Richard says, some of us, but not the vast majority of valve testing folk, do delve into Static testing(Mu, Barkhausen's Law, etc.) and Dynamic testing ( Gain - both mathematical & visual on a scope). All interesting & whiles away the winter days,( I can modulate the grid with 1KHz).
I've now graphed 6AU5GT No 6 (the last one), and it will return with Mark James after his weekend visit.
I'll just keep flogging on with my metric graph paper, but if there is also a heap of Exel graphs doing the rounds, that's OK with me. But they need to be in the same format Martin & Nick. As long as all this graphing & Gm-ing results in lots of Forum folk understanding their testers & vcm's.

Regards, David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6AU5GT N06 (b).jpg
Views:	48
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	147899  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 6AU5GT No 6 (a).pdf (610.3 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by David Simpson; 14th Aug 2017 at 2:54 pm. Reason: add'l info